- Arts 1332
How the Art Market Works + An Introduction to Sotheby’s Institute of Art, London
Jeffrey Boloten (Programme Leader – Art and Business Programme, Sotheby’s Institute Of Art, London)
This informal and interactive talk by Jeffrey Boloten will explore essential insights and behind the scenes perspectives into the inner-workings of the much-publicised global art world. Key discussions will include:
- The reasons behind the expansion and intense globalisation of the art market;
- Why we have been experiencing such dramatic and ongoing art world price increases over the past decade - and how the record-shattering auction price of $450 million was actually achieved for Da Vinci’s Salvator Mundi in 2017;
- The size and incredible growth of the high-profile contemporary art sector;
- How galleries and auction houses operate, and;
- Future trends in the vibrant online, new media, and emerging global markets environments.
Jeffrey will also present an introduction to Sotheby’s Institute of Art in London and an overview of its diverse range of Semester and Summer programs.